Would you like to work for us?
We are always keen to hear from local, talented people. If there isn’t a suitable vacancy listed below but you would like to work for us, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer with a positive, proactive approach to both reactive and planned preventative maintenance electrical, mechanical and hydraulic activities on a range of recycling systems including industrial shredders, conveyors and compactors.
The successful candidate will carry out maintenance from our workshops and service calls on both a preventative and reactive basis of customer’s site equipment and other manufacturer’s products and systems at customer premises as required.
Communicating activity and requirements with the customer in a clear and concise manner, and reporting via job sheets the activities carried out plus faults found during the service, before resolving servicing and maintenance issues.
This job also involves providing assistance in the installation and commissioning of machines, so candidates will need to be flexible in their approach and able to carry out tasks with little or no site supervision.
It is anticipated that the candidates will currently be working on plant and equipment, within a maintenance environment and will demonstrate experience of working with materials handling equipment and automatic process equipment with a solid mechanical background.
We would expect the successful engineer to have:
- A good technical background
- Electrical time served skills
- Multi-skill abilities, including controls, hydraulics and mechanical applications
- Good oral and written communication
- Logical thinking
- Clean tidy and well presented in appearance and application
- An understanding of engineering drawings and principles
- The ability to work quickly and under pressure
- Good problem-solving skills
- An awareness of health and safety legislation
- Good eyesight and normal colour vision
- Full driving licence
- Minimum 2 years technical service experience
- Formal training (ONC or above relevant engineering discipline)
- Current CSCS and IPAF cards
To apply for this role and for further details please send your CV to email@example.com.