The ZM series of 4-shaft shredders are typically used for shredding a mix of materials such as those which might be light, voluminous or long.
Slow running (25 rpm) makes the ZM series powerful and extraordinarily quiet (approx. 76 dB(A)) in operation, ideal for installation on the shop floor connected to the production line process.
Material is fed from the hopper (the design of the hopper can be modified to suit client requirements) into the 4-shaft cutting chamber, when it is trapped by the high- torque teeth of the cutting discs and shredded.
Shredded material then passes through the cutting discs and is discharged through the screen beneath the cutting chamber.
The cutting chamber of the ZM has an option for two or four cutting shafts and is complemented with special breaker guides for a homogenous shredded output
- Slow running, minimising sound output
- Dual drive, with sealed ‘oil bath’ gearbox
- Automatic reverse function for blockage and machine protection
- Fast throughput, with 4 screen zones
- Cutting chamber configuration, 2 (or 4) cutting shafts and 2 clearing shafts
- Primary and secondary cutters, reducing long strips
- Optional electrical drop-down screen
ZM Series typically used for shredding bulky timber waste such as long boards and pallets.
Effective size reduction of automotive polypropylene waste materials, using a two stage process incorporating a WEIMA ZM40 four shaft shredder and a WSM360 granulato
Size reduction of spent batteries, breaking down for further sorting to enable materials recycling.
Shredding of cut vines, through a ZM four shaft shredder in preparation of conversion into solid fuel briquettes.